Oct/27 Weekly Blog, Week 6. (Parentheses) (Parentheses (Parentheses))

This week was about stacking defined images into a pattern called Sierpinski.

I was unable to attend class this week, and I followed up with the lectures at home with the slides.
I tried to do things ahead on my own, by peaking quickly below of the lecture .rkt and try to find my own answers first.
I had some issues with creating a defined function to create 2 image beside each other with 1 on the top, named as 'stack'. 
The issue I have is with the parentheses! Especially when they start to get little long.
If you look around during our CSC finals exam  ( you really shouldn't if you are a student) and see someone counting along with their fingers tracing each open and closed parentheses, that would be me.

Both of my hands are on the screen often to see if they all cover all expressions almost all the time.
Even to the point that when my mom passed me by at the kitchen counter, she hinted that I should now realize that my laptop isn't touch screen.

I know that the professors and the textbook says if the long expressions confuses you, you should break them down and indent them on each line. However that even confuses me even more, as I cannot locate which one to process first!(Or at least it doesn't come as quickly as I wanted to!)
For me, it has to be in a straight, one single line for me to thoroughly go through them.

When I am defining a stacked function for example, I always miss some parentheses. Then when I try to address that problem, I am now distracted and make mistakes elsewhere. Spelling, naming, capitals,spacings etc. 
I either do not make any mistakes at all, or if I do, it always always start with a parentheses that leads a chain reaction!

As I try to address problem in the future while preparing for the next test, if I happen to make another chained reaction of mistakes, I'll find a way to post a snapshot of the screen.

It may sound like a stupid mistake that can be avoided by being a little bit more attentive and careful, but somehow I manage to miss.

It SUCKS!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct/6 Assignment 1. Response to csc104